Creating a capsule wardrobe for kids can be a fun and practical way to simplify their wardrobe and save time on getting dressed in the morning. Here are six steps to help you get started:
- Declutter: Start by getting rid of any clothes that no longer fit, are damaged, or haven’t been worn in a while. This will create space for your child’s capsule wardrobe. For example, if your child has outgrown their favorite jeans, it’s time to say goodbye.
- Determine your child’s style: Ask your child what they like to wear and what makes them feel comfortable and confident. Take note of their favorite colors and patterns. For instance, if they love wearing bright colors, make sure to include those in their capsule wardrobe.
- Choose a color palette: Select a neutral color palette as the foundation of your child’s capsule wardrobe, then add a few accent colors that complement their skin tone and personal style. For example, a neutral palette might consist of black, white, and grey, with a pop of blue or pink as an accent color.
- Assess their lifestyle: Consider your child’s daily routine and the types of activities they participate in. This will help you determine what types of clothing they need in their capsule wardrobe. For instance, if your child is involved in sports, make sure to include comfortable and durable athletic wear.
- Select core pieces: Choose high-quality, versatile items that can be worn in many different ways. Core pieces might include a denim jacket, a sweater, a pair of leggings, and a comfortable dress. For example, a sweater can be worn with jeans, leggings, or a skirt to create multiple outfits.
- Add accessories: Accessories are a fun way to add personality to your child’s outfits. Consider adding a few statement pieces, such as a scarf, a hat, or a pair of fun sneakers. For instance, a colorful scarf can instantly add life to a neutral outfit.
Creating a capsule wardrobe for kids is a great way to simplify their wardrobe, save time in the morning, and encourage them to develop their personal style. Don’t be afraid to experiment and make adjustments as your child grows and their needs change. By having a versatile, yet minimalistic wardrobe, your child will be able to express their individuality and be ready for any occasion.
Looking to set up a capsule wardrobe for yourself? Here is a step by step process.
If you are looking for help to start a clutter free life, book a FREE consult today!